A few notes....|
It's pretty difficult to draw broken white/blue - blue/white lines and so on. Suffice to say - I have taken it for granted that you have at least held a stripped-back twisted-pair Category Five Cable in your hand.
Some Category 5 specs:
AWG 24* (American Wire Gauge) - the lower the number - the larger the gauge.
- Maximum bend radius on multi-cable Backbone run = 10 times the diameter of the total Cable Backbone cables.
- >Maximum bend radius on single-cable run = 4 times the diameter of the single cable.
- >Maximum un-twist (each pair) to terminate punch-down - 1/2 inch.
- 90 meters (295 feet) on the horizontal.
- Jumper or Patch cables should not exceed 10 meters (33 feet).
- Station cables should not exceed 5 meters (16 feet).